COVID-19 POLICY/UPDATE 3.18.20
The Sumner County Hospital District No 1 staff are working around the clock to ensure extreme caution with the progression of COVID-19. The CEO, Director of Nursing, and Infection Control Coordinator are actively participating in daily conference calls and webinars from KHA, KDHE, the CDC, and other affiliated entities to stay abreast of any development with COVID-19. With that being said, the following protocols have been implemented:
1. Access to the hospital will be limited to the Emergency Room entrance only until further notice. All other doors will be locked, including staff only doors.
2. All staff, patients, visitors, and vendors are being screened with every entrance.
a. This screening includes: a temperature check and a series of questions regarding travel, gatherings attended, and symptoms.
i. If a fever is present or symptoms are suspected,or if the individual has had known contact with confirmed cases, staff will have the individual wear a mask until a nurse and provider are able to assess the individual.
ii. If the staff member is suspected to have COVID-19, that staff member will self-quarantine for 14 days or until testing confirms positive or negative.
iii. If no fever or symptoms are present, the individual may be granted access to the facility.
1. Only one next-of-kin will be permitted into the facility and for periods not to exceed one hour.
2. All vendors/contractors will be permitted to carry-out normal business once screened.
3. Staff members who have presented no symptoms but have answered “yes” to questions regarding travel or gatherings will be required to log fever and symptoms twice a day for 14 days. These staff members will be permitted to work unless symptoms or fever present. Employee health personnel will receive completed logs and will monitor to ensure compliance.
3. All Sunflower Cottage patients are being monitored and will undergo the same screening twice per day.
• Staff has been directed to park in the front or on the Northeast side of the hospital to leave parking for patients in the back and along the Northwest side of the hospital.
• The hospital is encouraging staff to educate patients on the risk associated with presenting to the hospital for elective or non-emergent services.
• Surgery for March 19, 2020 has been postponed.
Please keep in mind that the information and recommendations for best practices are changing almost faster than we can get the information to you. Please be patient and understanding as we work to keep you informed.