Position Title: Cook
Reports to: Dietary Manager
Job Status: Full-Time
Prepares and cooks for patients and employees of institutions by performing the following duties.
Essential duties, functions, and responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to, and other duties, functions, and responsibilities may be added:
- Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Ability to use mixer, overs, range, blender, food processor, microwave, and steam table.
- Wash dishes, and use dish washing machine
- Prepares meat, main dishes, soups, vegetables and gravies
- Serves meals
- Directs activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in absence of dietary manager in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
- Participate in dietary meetings, and hospital wide meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill, and Education:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities for perform the essential functions.
A high school graduate or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tool or controls; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sumner County Hospital District No. 1 has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the team member’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors, managers, directors, or officers as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Sumner County Hospital District No. 1 reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the team member to perform, as Sumner County Hospital District No. 1 may deem appropriate.