Responsible for processing Accounts Payable in accordance with hospital policies and generally accepted accounting principles. Responsible for central supply. Assists CFO/Director of Finance with Business Office duties as needed.
1) Verifies that expenditures follow the hospital policies for purchasing, travel, capital expenditures, and patient refunds and ensures that expenditures are recorded against the appropriate accounts and follow generally accepted accounting principles in the processing.
2) Responsible for closing accounts payable and central supply at month-end and year-end.
3) Reconciles invoices to statements and vendor accounts.
4) Responsible for receiving and verifying delivery of all supplies.
5) Reconciles petty cash.
6) Assists in preparation of annual budgets.
7) Maintains and reconciles central supply.
8) Maintains inventory of chargeable supplies.
9) Assists in acquisition of rental equipment as needed.
10) Maintains all department records, files and reports in accordance with hospital record retention policy.
11) Assists patients and customers as needed.
12) Responsible for incoming and outgoing disbursement of mail.
13) Performs general business office clerical duties.
14) Performs other duties as assigned.
Very proficient with Excel and Word, some accounting knowledge, visual acuity, and computer entry.
High School Graduate.
Two years Accounts Payable or Accounting experience preferred.
May require constant sitting. Requires occasional standing and walking. Occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs. May require pushing and pulling up to 30 lbs. Eye hand coordination, and finger and manual dexterity are required. Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions. Requires occasional bending, twisting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, and reaching. Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Ability to use office equipment such as computer terminals, typewriter, telephones, copier, and fax machine. Repetitive movements involved in keyboard entry are required.
Job Type: Full-time
• Accounts Payable: 2 year (Preferred)
• accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
• High school or equivalent (Required)
• 601 S. Osage, Caldwell, KS 67022
• Competitive wage based on experience.
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Additional voluntary benefits available.
• Paid Time Off
• Sick Leave
• Monday to Friday